“World Ocean Day” is on Tuesday the 8th of June 2021.
We’ve created a free colouring page including some marine animals you’ll see in the big blue ocean and coastal marine habitats such as: Humpback Whale, King George Whiting, Sea Star, Bottlenose Dolphin, Green Sea Turtle, Giant Kelp, Weedy Sea Dragon, Nautilus, and a Giant Manta Ray.
- You can just colour the sheet in or extend the activity to cutting them out then lining them up from smallest to largest marine animals.
- You could cut them out and stick them on your window, making it your very own “Window into the Ocean”.
We’ve also created the below extension activity page to broaden this learning opportunity. Choose any or all of the following to do:
- Print 2 copies per child, colour them in then cut out each rectangle making it a playing card so you can play a game of “Memory. We suggest you cover each card with clear contact (adhesive book covering) to keep cards in good condition.
- Research each animal and write down/discuss 1 interesting fact about it and 1 threat to it’s existence. If in a group/class setting you could turn it into a poll - see if there is a majority of same answers for individual animals or over all. You could then use the answers to lauch a further discussion of what ways we can help these animals survive.
For more information about “World Ocean Day” go to www.worldoceanday.org
To download or print using the above links:
* Planet Designs Kids Free Downloads (on our website) - click the “Planet Designs Kids Free Downloads” link below the colouring activity, it will take you to the free downloads page on our website where you need to put in your email address, don’t worry we won’t spam you, it’s just so you can have free access, click “Continue” and the all of our free colouring activities will be displayed. Click on the page you want, then click “Download”, it will then be saved in your downloads folder where you can print it.
* Pinterest - click the “Pinterest” link below the colouring activity, it will take you to the Planet Designs Kids Pinterest account where you can find the above colouring activity, click the menu button at top of picture (3 dots … ), and select “Download Image”, it will then be saved in your downloads folder where you can print it.